Gold Plating Services from Precision Plating
Gold plating is valued for its physical properties. As a noble metal, gold as a metal finish has a natural ability to resist corrosion and oxides which can form on the surface of other non-noble metals. Corrosion and oxides can create electrical conductivity issues resulting in poor performance or shortened product life-cycles.
Hard gold is an alloy of 99.7% gold and 0.3% of a hardening agent, most commonly either nickel or cobalt. Gold plating is used as an electrical or electronic contact finish because it is a noble metal that does not oxidize or chemically react in corrosive environments. Hard gold is used where electrical conductivity (especially very low current applications), solderability and/or corrosion resistance are important design requirements. When compared to soft gold, hard gold proves superior contact wear resistance.
Hard Gold Plating Specifications: ASTM B488, MIL-G-45204, MIL-DTL-45204
Soft gold is 99.9% pure gold and is typically used in lead frame wire bonding applications and high reliability solder applications where hard gold would not be appropriate.
Plating Specifications: ASTM B488, MIL-G-45204, MIL-DTL-45204
Precision Plating Company offers gold plating services for orders of all sizes
With gold costs at an all-time high, every bit of cost savings and performance is needed to be competitive. Precision Plating Company's product development and technical support teams can help you eliminate unnecessary plating costs to meet stringent pricing targets and win more business. When embarking on the product design process, Precision’s engineering team prefers to become involved early in the development of the plating specification process so cost minimization and performance criteria can be taken into account.
Precision Plating's Gold Finishing Capabilities:
• Continuous Reel to Reel Plating: With 40 years of experience in reel to reel finishing, you can depend on Precision Plating Company to innovative solutions that other companies might say are impossible. Precision offers reel-to-reel finishes in either overall or selective methods utilizing Micro-Plate (brush), Spot, Controlled Depth, Stripe and other proprietary selective plating processes.
• Rack Plating: Custom designed rack tooling ensures product handling is optimized, resulting in a consistently high quality plated product. This is an excellent way to plate delicate etched sheets or small prototype reel-to-reel strips. The rack plating process will help identify potential production issues and prove out if the prototyped finish is right for your application.
• Barrel Plating: Precision Plating Company engineers every loose piece barrel project to meet the end specification taking into account part dimension, key features, load size and barrel selection. The goal of our calculated approach is to meet our clients' requirements for product quality, performance and cost considerations.
• Vibratory Plating: For small parts with complex geometries, vibratory plating assists in getting plating solutions into the small crevices and blind holes insuring better coverage across an entire part.
• Prototype Plating: Prototyping is often the best process for proving out applications in a real world environment. Precision Plating Company offers different prototype plating options depending on application.
− Smaller barrel load sizes
− Rack samples of 12-18” strip lengths (future reel-to-reel programs)
− Shortened material lengths for reel-to-reel (300’ of progressively stamped material)
• Our logistics planning services offer local pick-up and delivery, prepaid freight options, raw material procurement, inventory control, KANBAN services, dock-to-stock quality certification, and advanced scheduling to insure that orders sent to Precision are assisting you with your company’s needs.
• Real-Time order status and tracking – Precision Plating Company strives to provide our customers with tools that make their jobs easier. Our automated email system alerts customers when an order has been received, notify of a count discrepancy and send notices of anticipated ship dates, order completion and actual ship dates. Our online order tracking system: my.ppc1904.com goes even further by giving our customers access to their order statuses 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Once an order has shipped, customers can access tracking information as well, eliminating the guess work on order status and delivers information outside Precision’s normal Customer Service Hours.